Monday, November 3, 2014

10K!

Sorry it's been quite a while since I've written.  Life has been busy.  My husband finally had surgery for his thumb that he fractured while cycling months ago.  It's been nuts around here taking care of him (in addition to the kids).. and also taking over some household duties that he isn't able to do with one hand.  It has been an anxiety inducing ride.

BUT… I finished my first 10K!  It was the Snohomish River Run and it was the flattest route imaginable and, for that reason, it was a lot easier than I thought.  I decided to walk/jog with my BFF because we're both nursing injuries.  But after 2 miles with no sign of hip pain, I thought, "I'm just gonna get this over with."  So I told BFF that she could NOT quit and that I was going to ditch her.  It was fun to start passing people, and I think it caused her to speed up because she only finished 5 minutes after me.  Hooray!  We did it!!  Now could I have done that distance all over again (plus another mile) for the half marathon?  Eh, not yet but definitely by May.

In other news… I finally put some batteries in my scale and I gained 15 lbs since the STP in July.  I guess a cruise, not cycling, and the death of my stepmom = lots of sitting around and eating chocolate and drinking too much wine.  So my dad and sister and I started a competition.  We each set a goal and whoever makes it there first wins.  If I win, they pay and plan for an entire weekend away for me and my husband, and they watch my kids.  I WANT TO WIN!!  I lost 3 pounds week one and I was pretty proud of myself until they both weighed in and each lost 7 pounds.  Well, this week I weighed in and lost 4.5!  My dad gained 1.5, and my sister lost .8.  Woo!  I'm winning!!!  They're practically starving themselves and I'm eating clean and cutting out all sugars… and getting a little extra help from AdvoCare.  :)  I'm having oral surgery this Friday (freaking out btw) and I'll be drinking my meals for a couple days I think.  Hopefully I'll rock it this week too!  Wish me luck!  12.5 pounds to go!  (My sister has 14.3, and my dad has 18.9.)