Sunday, May 3, 2015

Track racing! Me?I

VK Sista' talked me into doing some track racing at Pacific Raceways last week.  She thought it would be a really great thing to do something completely new and out of our comfort zone.  It's put on each week by BuDu Racing.  (The same group that put on our Duathlon last weekend.)  I thought she was out of her mind and I was so nervous... but we ended up having a blast.  We practiced drafting with our group, and we tried our best to keep up with them, but I had fun even when I broke off on my own.  Going around in circles at the track was great for feeling comfortable picking up speed.  I felt safe out there...  No cars, completely smooth track, really nice people.  It was great.  I think we're going to do this on Tuesday nights this summer and I think we'll learn a lot and our speed will just get better and better.  Here's some pics….

Practice laps

Getting instructions before starting

There's my daughter watching us.  
I love this pic.  We look like legit racers.
And I love our bib #'s.  They last all season and they're made of fabric instead of paper.



Here's a screenshot from a video that Husband took of us coming around

After race giggles with VK Sista'
 
Here's my kiddos and VK Sista's dog Harlo waiting for us under the umbrellas.
Taking my future Vanderkitten on a ride on my bike

She was laughing and loved it all the way to the car!

Also, just wanted to post some screen shots of the professional pics from the duathlon last weekend….

Haha.  This is the best "ugly running face" photo ever.  We all look fantastic.
Me, Cousin's brother, and cousin
 
Here we are looking a little cuter.  
I think this one is pretty cute of me.  I'll probably get online and order this one as my free photo.

Here's husband coming up the hill
And VK Sista' looking super serious.  "Shut up legs!"

I like these shots of VK Sista and Husband.  They look like they're zooming by.
For some reason, I don't have one even though I was right behind them.  Grr.  



Alright, well, that's a pretty short and sweet blog post.  I'm a little behind and everyone will want to read my next post so that's all you get for this one.  :)