Thursday, August 13, 2015

Another day, another 5K









Finished off marathon training week one (Well, week 2 technically according to the schedule) with the Rave Green Sounders FC Run.  I took it really slow and easy trying to practice the run/walk method.  The one thing I noticed though is that I HAVE to get new shoes.  It's been so hot in Seattle lately that my feet feel like they swell an entire size when I run and my toes feel squished.  Hawaii isn't going to be any cooler so I'm going to get the same pair of my Vibram Five Fingers in the next size up from REI and try them out the next hot day. 

Kitten, kitten in disguise, and kitten in training ready for the run!
Group photo at the start line!
There's my kiddo in the crowd ready for the kid's dash!  (Tall blondie)
GO!
So proud!  That's the face of determination right there.
And there he is high-fiving at the finish!
We peddled for smoothies
My kiddo and me with our finisher medals!



Well, that's it really.  Short blog post.  I'm on week 3 of my training schedule right now.  I'll update again soon.