Friday, March 13, 2015

Week 12 Day 1 and 2~ Last week of prep for my first half this weekend!

Well, not much to report.  Tuesday VK Sista' had a dentist appointment and we had plans to have dinner with my dad anyway so we didn't go to the gym.


BUT I picked the kids up from school and turned on Mickey Mouse for my 2 year old and told my 9 year old to keep an eye on her, and jumped on my treadmill upstairs.  My husband came home right as I finished and I heard him say, "Where's mommy?"  Oh, ya know… just upstairs running a 5K…. NBD.  :)  

Thursday I wanted to go for a run around the neighborhood to try out my new hydration pack since I'm doing my first half marathon on Sunday and they only have water stops every 4 miles..  I bought a Nathan's women's specific one from REI.  I wasn't going to take my dog but she was looking at me with those puppy dog eyes and I'm a sucker.  She did really well though.  I really don't like running with a backpack but I can't imagine one that would be any better than this one.  It doesn't bounce around all over or anything.  It's just annoying having something on my back.  Hydration is important though so hopefully I'll get used to it.  I only did 20 minutes around the neighborhood because I was running late and had to get to work.  So I did an extra mile on the treadmill when I met VK Sista' and husband at the gym in the afternoon.  We had arm day… and then went to Road Runner Sports for their St Patty's Day party!  Free green beer!  How could we not go?  We got free mugs that say "Kiss me, I'm a runner!"  And cousin, and a couple other friends were there.  Fun fun!  :)


A couple of kittens having a beer
Well, my next post will be all about my first half marathon!  I even bought a 13.1 sticker to put on my car!  IF I live!  If not, then this shall be my last post.  Thanks for reading, I'll miss you all.  lol.