Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Road rash and bruises

Just thought I'd update you all with the whole cycling accident recovery thing.  Yesterday was pretty terrible.  My whole body hurt.  I was walking around like Frankinstein.  My neck was killing me.  I couldn't turn my head at all.  My hip felt out of whack and my back felt twisted.  I think I must have twisted my knee too because it wasn't happy with me either.  I couldn't lift my left arm or move my shoulder.  I was just stuck.  I felt awful.  I expected the bruises and road burns to hurt but I didn't expect so much muscle trama.  I feel old.  The good thing was that since all these muscles hurt from my crash, I hardly noticed that my legs are still sore from the day of 5Ks!

I was really worried about how I'd feel this morning.  Day 2 is always the worst if I'm sore after a workout or something.  I went to bed early and slept as long as I could on a neck pillow and I took extra ibuprofen.  When I woke up in the morning, I sat up and put my hair in a ponytail.  I thought, "Whoa!  That didn't hurt too bad!"  So today I'm feeling much better.  My arm hurts like it does when I get a flu shot, and my neck hurts like it does when I sleep on it wrong.  This pain is doable.  I was even able to wear pants, socks, and shoes today!

I skipped gym day today but I'm feeling hopeful that I'll be able to go on Thursday and also do the adventure run.  Also, it's supposed to be 68 and sunny on Sunday so I'd really still like to do the Daffodil Classic.  I guess my bike can come out of time-out.  :)

I took the tagaderm off today and cleaned up my wounds.  Also took a few new pics of my bruises forming.   I match my shirt!  Enjoy!