Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Week 1 Day 2 ~ No excuses (Elliptical on Christmas)

I was supposed to run for 30 minutes on Christmas... 20 degrees in the ice and snow... in Bend Oregon.  Yeah, that wasn't happening.  There might be some hardcore runners out there that think that would be no big deal, but me?  Nah.  However, I jumped on my brother-in-law's elliptical and did 30 minutes on there instead.  My kiddo even joined me for a few minutes. 

I downloaded a workout calendar app a few weeks ago and put in all my required runs for my half marathon training until May.  It's really satisfying to check off the day as complete.  I'm determined to check off every single one of them. 

So, all in all, I did well on our little Christmas vacation.  I ate healthy (Besides eating my weight in chocolate covered coconut almonds) and stayed active.  We even took the kids to a big bouncy place and I jumped and crawled through obstacle courses with the kids for hours.  So nice to have the energy to do that!