Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Week 4 Day 1 ~ 30 minutes no walking!

Today I decided I wanted to run alone around my neighborhood.  No dog, no friends.  Just me and my tunes.  I felt bad for not bringing my dog though since that's kind of a big reason I got her.  We're still working on heeling beside me and not killing me though and I just wanted a break from that.  I decided to at least take her for a walk to take the kids to school/daycare this morning.  My cat decided to tag along too.  So funny…





Anyway, I dropped her back off at home and took off on my own.  It was pretty fantastic just me and my music.  The sun came out once in a while, I have awesome views of the water, and I just kept going and going until my Garmin Forerunner 920 buzzed and said I was at the 30 minute mark.  (I freaking LOVE my watch by the way!)  I never stopped to walk.  I jogged the entire 30 minutes.  I'm super proud of myself.  My pace was only 11:55 so I'm still pretty darn slow but you know what?  Who cares!?  I'm not in this to win any races.  I just want to finish.  :)  I took a post-run sweaty selfie on my walk home for you all to enjoy.  Haha…



And later this afternoon, it's upper body/core day with my Vanderkitten Sista' at the gym!  Love it!