Saturday, January 24, 2015

Week 5 Day 2 ~People watching at the gym

My 30 minute run on Thursday was pretty uneventful.  Met VK Sista' at the gym and did my time on the "dreadmill".  A pretty easy 12:25 pace.  And then...leg day!  (Ouch my hamstrings are still killing me from dead lifts!)

What made this gym visit entertaining was the people watching.  We've been going twice a week to strength train for about a month now and we see a lot of the same characters.  Some of them we've even named.  However, Thursday must have been a full moon or something because the gym was full of crazies.  

Take this guy for example....

My 30 minute run went by so fast because of the show he was putting on in front of us.  He was using the calf raise machine in the weirdest ways.  He'd stand under it to do bicep curls, and then hang off of it for a while, then he punched it like a punching bag. (Seen in this blurry pic from my treadmill.)

And then there's this girl we call "our best friend".  She wears almost nothing (having pants on was a first!). She lifts weights, does a "look at me, I'm so hot" lap around the gym, then lifts again, repeat.  Thursday she was doing these really bazaar push-ups off the bench using a pull down bar in front of her on the floor.  I mean, more power to her, she looks great... But she's crazy. 

A few other honorable mentions not pictured (I'll catch them sometime!):

The girl we see on the stationary bike everytime we come that peddles for like an hour on the highest intensity setting and looks like she's going to give herself a hernia.  

And there's another girl with huge poofy hair who works out on the oblique machine with jean shorts and a sequined top.  

And a couple of guys in jeans and giant work boots who like to hang out on the leg press machine.  


:)
I wonder if we're getting made fun of in someone else's blog?