Saturday, February 7, 2015

Week 7 Day 3 ~Through the desert

It's still downpouring here in good ol' Seattle so I decided to do my 3 miles on the treadmill.  I didn't want to listen to music today, I wanted something different.  So I put the iPad on my treadmill and watched the last half of a documentary on Netflix we started watching at BFF's house last weekend called Desert Runners.  These crazy people run 4 deserts a year.  And each one is like running 6 marathons in 5 days...IN THE DESERT!  So I figured that would be good motivation as I took it easy (still have a cold) and jogged along on my treadmill.  I tried to keep their pace and pretended I was jogging along in the desert with them.


Well that plan worked pretty well until half of them started quitting and complaining of heart problems after one guy died out there.  I was like, "No!  Keep going!  If you quit, I'll quit!"  Well, I finished  (Slowly, with my nose running, and feeling exhausted and shaky) and timed it perfectly as the people who finished crossed the finish line of the last desert. 

Ugh.  I'm going to rest now.  I don't have to run again until Tuesday and I'm done, done, done!  Slowest pace in a long time.    13:52