Sunday, February 15, 2015

Week 8 Day 3 ~ I RAN 8 MILES TODAY!

OMG OMG OMG!  I RAN the entire 8 miles today!  I never walked.  That is freaking bananas!!!!!  I stopped once at mile 5 and switched from my vibrams to my regular running shoes.  That was it.  Ran straight for 8 freaking miles.  I can't even believe it!  I broke it up into little sections in my head.  After the first 1.8 miles, I thought, "Only a 10K left!"  When I reached 4.9 miles I thought, "Only a 5K left!"  My VK Sista' came by and did the first 5K with me which was amazing to keep me going:

VK Sista' and me

When she left she left some skittles behind to help with our "Beast Mode!"

And then right around the time she left, another friend came by for a walk with her mom and her son in his stroller so I high-fived them each time I passed them.  And of course BFF was there the whole time.  She would turn around and go the other direction around the track every other mile so it was fun to high-five her twice each lap.  It really kept me going.  Towards the end I told her she wasn't allowed to turn around unless I did too because I needed something to look forward to each lap!  I basically limped my entire last mile.  My left ankle was killing me… which is a completely new pain for me.  My foot was fine, my hip was fine, my back was fine… but my ankle?  That was weird.  I really didn't think I was going to make that last mile but I was determined not to walk.  The ankle pain started around mile 5 and that's why I thought I'd try changing my shoes and it felt better for a while but I guess it didn't last long.  It felt worse when I'd run around the track clockwise so I stopped switching directions.  Too weird.  I iced it and it feels a lot better now.  AND I RAN ALL 8 FREAKING MILES!!!


This was our "OMG we did it" face!  BFF finished 30 minutes after me.

Here's a screenshot of my Strava entry!

So now it's my goal to do it faster.  We watched an amazing video about Chi Running and OMG I've been running all wrong!  I'm going to try this new technique this week and I swear I'm going to zoom down the street and start breaking some PR's for sure!!

And by the way (because I'm sure I haven't written this yet)… I CAN'T BELIEVE I RAN 8 MILES NONSTOP TODAY!  EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!